Aching joints and muscle cramps are common for everyone to experience after a workout. In just 10 minutes we can help to relieve the pain and quicken recovery with our muscle roller. It's soft yet firm foam exterior is perfect for comfortable relief and blood circulation. Just place the roller between your hands and the tissue of your body before starting the rolling motion. It's common practice to use the position and weight of your body to focus on particular areas.
- Less stress - Sitting idle in a chair all day causes unwanted stress and tightness in certain areas of your body. Release the tension and drop the stress focused in your connective tissues by rolling them away.
- Blood circulation - Increased circulation leads to more efficient flow of blood throughout your body (muscles, skins, tendons, ligaments, fascia). Your body will benefit through less fatigue and quicker recover from increase in nutrients and flushing of toxins.
- Flexible - Stretch out the different muscles with the therapeutic pressure needed to aid trigger point therapy and standard massage methods. Expand shortened tissues by establishing a routine to get the greatest benefit from the muscle roller. Muscles like the hip flexors can be lengthened to relieve tautness after prolonged periods of sitting.
- The primary function of the Muscle Stick is to provide quick pain relief. However, if used consistently it will help with muscle maintenance and preventing injuries.
- Rolling slowly is important - movements must be steady and focused! Rolling to quickly can have negative effects.
- Keep movements varied. Try combining diagonal, side-to-side, up-and-down and other directions so that the muscle is worked from every angle.
- Calves - Whether it's sitting on the chair or on the ground, stretch out your legs in front and get in a comfortable position. Now bend one leg at the knee so you are able to reach the muscle and apply the appropriate pressure. Using your Massage Stick, slowly roll the muscle starting from the ankles ending inside the knee. Start perpendicular and change angles often. 30 - 60 seconds per leg.
- Lats - Sit down or stand up and place the Massage Stick under your right armpit, perpendicular to your body. Grab the handle in front with the left arm, and the handle in the back with the right arm. Roll down 3-4 inches away from your waist then back up. Continue 30-60 seconds then switch sides.
- Lower back - Stand up and hold the Massage Stick behind your back with both hands. Slowly apply pressure to problem areas around the lower spine for 30-60 seconds, changing angles constantly.
- Neck - Stand or sit placing the Massage stick behind your head and holding it securely with your hands. Slowly, very slowly, roll from the top to bottom for 30 - 60 seconds.
- Quads - Stand or sit in a position where you can easily roll the Massage Stick the entire length of your quad. Start at the top with your hip flexor and slowly roll down to the top of the knee cap. 30 - 60 seconds and switch legs.